Among the many achievements of the Laboratory, the following may be mentioned:
- The implementation of many R & D Programmes (total cost of implemented Programmes for the period of 2003-2009 of about 2.500.000 €), financially supported by the EU, the Greek Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) and private companies
- Close ties with the local and European industry, through the provision of reliable scientific services (member of the correspondent national and European federations,
long-lasting participation in the activities for solar thermal on European level, accreditation of the Laboratory for the Services Provision).
- The development of new products and integration of new technological solutions, resulting to the decisive improvement of the performance of solar thermal products, the strengthening of the sector and the support of the export activities.
- The development and broader dissemination of RES technologies, through demonstration and pilot actions. Most recent example is the development of the Energy-Autonomous Building "Promitheas Pyrforos" in Athens, under the scientific responsibility of the Laboratory, an achievement which has been broadly discussed on an international level.
- The international acknowledgement of the work of the Laboratory (Articles in international scientific Encyclopedias, publications in international journals presenting several citations, publications in the international press, etc.)